Good morning! Only, why is it so damn dark outside at this hour? Oh, that’s right. Some dickheads changed the time on us. Well, that’s not gonna stop me from providing some sweet links for you to get your week started right. At least I hope not.
- President Trump’s budget expected to seek largest reduction in federal workforce since end of WWII Let me repeat that: THE LARGEST REDUCTION IN THE FEDERAL WORKFORCE SINCE THE END OF WWII.
The cuts Trump plans to propose this week are also expected to lead to layoffs among federal workers, changes that would be felt sharply in the Washington area. According to an economic analysis by Mark Zandi, chief economist for Moody’s Analytics, the reductions outlined so far by Trump’s advisers would reduce employment in the region by 1.8 percent and personal income by 3.5 percent, and lower home prices by 1.9 percent.
- Is the issue-oriented nonprofit about to get killed by disclosure requirements? Free speech advocates fear it might be. Because, you know, nothing is worse than letting someone use their money to support a cause without the federal government knowing about it.
- Raise your hand if you’re as shocked as I am when you find out that the California Supreme Court is Republican-controlled, but will lose that control when the Pete Wilson-appointed Kathryn Werdegar retires in August. Finally, the ceaseless, progress-killing GOP obstruction can end! (No word yet on adoption of a hybrid Bear Flag with a Venezuelan color scheme.)
- Anheuser-Busch jumps on the GRRRRRL Power bandwagon.
“In our world, women have been important to us for a long time,” explained Selena Kalvaria, senior director for Lime-A-Rita. After all, women are statistically 51 percent of the population and according to surveys they make 85 percent of consumer purchasing decisions.
Whatever. You dicks went political and dropped Bud Bowl for Amy Schumer and some story about a legal immigrant. Besides, have you tried this stuff? It’s worse than Bartles & Jaymes.
- A couple of Charlotte area charter schools plan to set aside seats for poor minorities to achieve diversity that otherwise isn’t happening.
- Lastly, you’ve got just a few days to get in the Glibertarians Basketball Thingy (Password: Podesta). and the logo contest ends tomorrow at noon central.
- Peace Frog