It’s Wednesday afternoon and your favorite contributor (I AM your favorite, am I not?) is taking an unusual turn at the helm of the Afternoon Links. I promise this will have 93.76% less hunky content than my normal posting.
- TED Talks 2017 is officially a techno-rite church service in communion with the Roman Papacy (I was hoping they’d join up with the Pope in Exile in Avignon, but apparently that’s not a thing anymore, so whatevs). CNN summarizes, “Essentially, he told the academics and innovators, scientists and techies, there is no ‘you,’ without an ‘us.'” full transcript with link to the ~20 minutes
- Jeff Goldblum is planning to reprise his role as Dr. Ian Malcolm. The internet responds with a vexing amount of genital moistness, which confuses this author, but I’m certainly not going to yuck someone else’s yum.
- Side of English beef, Ben Cohen, may soon be single. His professional dancer lady love wants a Hollywood career, but he wants her to stay in jolly ol’ England. *tidies cave, polishes club* I’ll be right back.
- Passenger found dead after United flight from Heathrow to O’Hare. Passenger was rabbit on track to be a world record holder for size, owner was a former model turned rabbit breeder. Fuck it just click through it’s all weird.
- Serge Brin apparently wishes he was as interesting as Sir Richard Branson and is “reportedly building his own secret airship,” which “apparently looks like a classic zeppelin.” While it isn’t partying naked with my favorite ginger prince on a private island, we at Glibertarians welcome our Steampunk zeppliney future with open arms and freshly brushed top hats and polished monocles and brass doodads.