Eat your fruit, kids.
Today’s birthdays include:
- George III, King of Great Britain, 1738
- Christopher Cockerell, inventor of the hovorcraft, 1910
- Angelina Jolie, 1975
- Giacomo Casanova, “librarian and womanizer,” 1798
- Ferdinand I, King of Sicily/Naples, 1825
- Donald Eligon, cricketer, dies of blood poisoning from a nail in his boot, 1937
- It’s claimed Roquefort cheese created in a cave near Roquefort, France, today in 1070. Not sure if this is true, but it sounds good, and yay cheese.
- June 4th seems to be a good day for ballooning. In 1783 Joseph and Jacques Montgolfier make 1st public hot-air balloon flight (unmanned), with an estimated altitude of 1,600-2,000m. One year later in 1784 Madame Elizabeth Thible becomes the first female balloonist.