It’s that time again! No, I’m not talking about autumn, nor am I talking about holiday season. *glares at all the pumpkin flavored crap already out there*
GlibFit 3.0 starts tomorrow, September 12th! The timing of this GlibFit is going to be a bit different. Since US Thanksgiving is on a Thursday, we’re starting and ending on a Wednesday. Ten weeks from tomorrow is Thanksgiving Eve, and we’re going to have you in good enough shape that you enter the holiday eating season with confidence!
GlibFit 3.0 will take on a slightly different theme than prior GlibFits. Mrs. trshmnstr and I will be working together to get you some kickass content. She’s going to provide the detail, and I’m going to provide the direction.
Generally, the format will be as follows. There will be a deep dive topic of the week. The major themes are going to be HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), eating while regularly doing cardiovascular exercise, and maybe a couple articles on sleeping. Each article will include a HIIT workout of the week and/or recipe of the week that you are encouraged to try.
Beyond that, it’s like normal. Set your own goals, check in weekly (Wednesdays at 1400 GlibTime), and set good habits as we get into fatass season!
HIIT Training of the Week
Mrs. trshmnstr recommends giving this workout a try for 3 or 4 days this week. Gauge this to your own fitness level and abilities. Modify the exercises to fit your abilities.
5 rounds of
- 1 minute sprint (on treadmill, outside, elliptical, bike, rower, etc.)
- For those who aren’t yet ready to sprint, power walking with a high incline on the treadmill is fine. Obviously, any of the other machines can be subbed in, as well.
- 1 minute walk
Then, 5 rounds of
- 10x pushup
- 10x squats
- 10x jumping jacks
- 10x sit-ups
This is a roughly 20 minute workout, and the eventual goal is to work up to doing the workout 2-3x through.
Recipe of the Week
- Chicken breast
- A jar of your favorite salsa
- Taco seasoning
- Sour Cream
- Mexican blend cheese
- Fresh herbs and vegetables (cilantro, onion, lettuce, tomato, jalapeno, etc.)
This is a super simple recipe that gets you a ton of protein and as much fat as you need to feel satiated.
- Dump chicken, salsa and taco seasoning into slow cooker and cook for 4-6 hours on medium heat.
- Shred chicken with a pair of forks.
- Serve over a bed of rice, in a tortilla as a taco, with some beans, or however you prefer
- Top with fresh herbs and vegetables, a dollop of sour cream, and some mexican blend cheese.