Autumn is the best season.
- Beautiful, complex, ever-changing views, that surprise one as one turns a corner.
- Crisp, cool, low-humidity air.
- Leaves to wade through, releasing that wonderful scent and that fun rustling noise.
- Apples and pears to pick.
- The Fucking Hate Birds, the Birds That Hate go away.
- The lawn no longer needs mowing, yet there is no snow to shovel.
- The final burst of ripening vegetables.
- Fewer humans in the grocery store in the middle of the day.
- “Indian” Summer.
- REAL football
- No more mosquitoes.
- Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta.
- Apple cider and doughnuts.
- The annual visit from a beloved European friend.
- Pressing colorful leaves in wax paper to hang in the window.
- Wonderful deserted lakes on which to canoe and kayak.
- Lower electric bills, because a/c is off and heat is not yet on.
- The return of casseroles, fondue, and heavier red wines.
Do you agree with me, and are therefore correct? Or do you have a different, inferior, opinion?