Today’s recipe is super quick and easy. It’s for vegan tortilla soup. You basically throw the ingredients in a pot and simmer til it tastes good. I’m not even kidding.
Vegan Tortilla Soup
- 64 oz crushed tomatoes
- 8 cups vegan "chicken" broth
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1 can black beans 15oz, drained
- 1 pkg extra firm tofu drained, chopped into strips
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup green chile or more if you're a chilehead
- 2 cups sweet corn
- 6 corn tortillas cut into strips
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- cilantro optional, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil or less
Dry fry the tofu til crisp. Set aside.
Spread the tortilla strips on a baking sheet and bake on 300 til crisp. Salt to taste. Set aside.
In a large soup pot fry the onion in the olive oil.
Add the remaining ingredients and simmer til flavours are melded.
Dish into a bowl, add tofu, garnish with cilantro, and tortilla strips. Enjoy!