Well I survived secondary AND tertiary screening at one of the few non-TSA airports in America. I had ground coffee in my bag (I’ve gone through this airport 2x/year for several years with a few pounds of coffee in my carry-on with no problem). Apparently ground coffee looks like an explosive on x-rays and swipes like an explosive with those stupid little testing swabs. A supervisor was called. The supervisor called a manager. Good times. The Canandaigua blend from this place was absolutely worth the hassle though. But enough about me. On to LINKS!
- Trump to Bolton: You’re fired! Women and children of color probably pretty pleased, John Bolton hardest hit.
- The science is settled! Not allowing me to nap on the job is a violation of my right to good health: Daytime naps once or twice a week may be linked to a healthy heart, researchers say
- Job market has declined a tad, but people are still leaving the shitty jobs they’ve stuck with due to a decade of recession #TotesJelly. By the end of today I may have driven off a worker or two: Record number of workers quitting shows labor market still strong even as job openings drop and hiring slows
- Libertarian hero/object lesson: Man spends £30,000 fighting £100 speeding fine
- Well, this should be fun: Netanyahu pledges to annex occupied Jordan Valley
- Parliamentarians always seem to have more fun than Congress: Chaos in UK Parliament as speaker pinned to seat, lawmakers chant ‘shame’ after Boris Johnson shutdown
And the traditional musical link